Are your assessments recognised by the HSE and the Department of Education?

Yes they are. All of our practitioners are all fully qualified, experienced and registered with their appropriate governing bodies. We provide high quality assessments using valid and appropriate assessment tools. We provide speech and language therapy assessments, occupational therapy assessments and psychological assessments.

Back to Index

How do I know if I need a speech therapist?

There are many children who would benefit from a speech therapist including those who have had a previous diagnosis of a language or learning difficulty. If you suspect that your child has difficulties with speech and language then you can call and discuss your concerns with CAINT who will advise you whether an assessment is needed.

Back to Index

How do I make a referral to CAINT?

You can call on 045 88308 or email at . An information pack will be sent to you with a referral form. CAINT will then contact you to discuss your child’s individual needs and to book an appointment.

Back to Index

Why attend for private assessment and therapy?

Waiting times for public services may mean that your child has to wait for assessment and diagnosis which can delay availing of therapy and important resource services at school. CAINT can facilitate your childs speech and language development while you are waiting to be called by your local HSE. We can also provide therapy to supplement your services form your HSE and can add follow on sessions to your HSE block of intervention. There are no restrictions as to the number or frequency of sessions available in private practice and treatment plans will be negotiated by you and your therapist.

Back to Index

How do I know if the therapist is qualified/ experienced?

You can check your therapists’ qualifications and experience. You can ask questions in relation to the therapists’ years of experience, qualifications and specific experience in working in your area of need. Some therapists will have this information available on their website. CAINT adheres to the highest standards of evidence based practice and continuing professional development to ensure appropriate treatment for your child. CAINT credentials are available on the on the website and we are registered with the IASLT professional body in Ireland.

Back to Index

What age should I bring my child for speech and language therapy?

Early intervention is vital in helping children with their speech, language and communication skills. Early intervention can facilitate language development and can reduce the impact of the speech and language delay on a child. Recent research and evidence based practice indicates that early intervention is crucial. Even in infancy, advice can be given to advance communication development. Parents can learn invaluable language stimulation techniques to use in the child’s natural environment. If you are concerned that your child’s speech, language or communication is delayed, you can contact CAINT who will help you decide if an appointment is necessary.

Back to Index


Ask one of our Therapists your Question

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Which Location?

Your Question

Your Phone Number